Custom Search

Friday, May 6, 2011

Faye Marie Johnson Cherry

Dear Mom,
It has been a long time since you and I laughed together. It has been a long time since I sat with you on your porch while you smoked that dreaded cigarette. It has been a long time since I saw you in your white shorts. It has been a long time since we watched HGTV together.

It hasn't been a long time since I missed you because that happens everyday. It hasn't been a long time since I have seen something that reminded me of you because that happens everyday. It hasn't been a long time since I ate something that you use to enjoy because that happens everyday. It hasn't been a long time since I have told someone you and I both loved to quit smoking.

Alot has changed since you left us, Mom. Our family has grown with the addition of 5 adopted children. Trey got married and Ashely has been to the island of Belize working and is now in New Bern working. Olivia is working in Real Estate just like you mom. Colby and Morgan are in college. Your new grandchildren are Evin 11(China) Payden(10 US) Patrick 9 (China) Ellie8 (China)Lauren 21 (Campbell University).

We are not the same without your love and support. You had magic and we didn't know it, mom. You were able to keep us together when the storms were brewing in our life. Without you our ships have gone in different directions.

Today Mom I am trying to keep my children and their ships going in the same direction. I hope I do it with the same unconditional love you had within you.

I love you mom. I know you are at peace and that is the only way I can make it without you. God keep you till we meet again. Happy Mother's Day



Love,
Pat

No comments: